I love Arduino boards, they are simple to use and they do not fail… At the same time, I also love MS Windows and developing desktop apps for the operating system. But what I actually love is to combine the power of hardware and software to develop exceptional products, like use Arduino boards to communicate with sensors and data acquisition and use the power of Windows to generate cool looking Graphical User Interfaces to get the job done. LattePanda
The problem has always been, how to wrap the entire product in a small box, as earlier, we needed computers to use Windows and computers were not small and making a sensor based product or a product that interfaced with custom hardware with Windows GUI in small sizes has always been a problem.
How I solved this problem
As the technology evolved, we started getting different solutions to target this issue, however, it has been just recently that I found a small board computer running Windows 10 64 bit OS and built-in Arduino for hardware communication that solved my problem for years to come.
What is LattePanda
LattePanda is a small board with the full power of MS Windows 10 64-bit OS. It can be connected to any standard HDMI display along with standard keyboard and mouse as a normal computer would.
A LattePanda is a complete Windows 10 single board computer. It comes pre-installed with a full edition of Windows 10 Home Edition, so you can run powerful tools such as Visual Studio, NodeJS, Java, Processing, and more.
LattePanda also includes an integrated Arduino compatible co-processor, which means it can be used to control and sense the physical world! Whether you are a Windows developer, IoT developer, DIY fanatic, interactive designer, robotics whizz, or maker, it can aid your creative process!
- Intel Cherry Trail Z8350 Quad Core Processor
- Base Frequency: 1.44GHz (1.92GHz Burst Frequency)
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition (Unactivated)
- RAM: 4GB DDR3L
- Storage Capacity: 64GB
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics, 12 EUs @200-500Mhz, single-channel memory
- Integrated Arduino Co-processor: ATmega32u4 (Arduino Leonardo)
- Video output: HDMI and MIPI-DSI
- Onboard touch panel overlay connector
- Supports 100Mbps Ethernet
- Intel Processor GPIO x 6
- ATmega Processor GPIO x 20
- Gravity Interface Connectors x 6
- Voltage: 5V@2.1A
- RoHS, FCC and CE Compliant
Applications of LattePanda
LattaPanda development board can be used to develop a wide range of applications as discussed below
- Arduino integrated with LattePanda with the power of windows 10 can be used to develop a wide range of IoT Applications taking input from the real world and sending data over the internet, it can also be used to develop web server based IoT Applications. Since it is a windows 10 device, this means that we can avail the full power of windows 10 features to develop c# based applications as front-end with exceptional GUI.
- Make Queue management systems using LattePanda and windows 10 based applications
- Since LattePanda is a windows based system; this means that all the hardware devices that can be run on windows can also run easily on LattePanda, just install the drivers and use standard hardware such as printers, webcams, thermal printers, bar-code scanners, RF-ID readers and even gaming products and develop cool products.
- Use LattePanda to develop interactive media display systems, including interactive menus in restaurants, retail shops and etc.
- LattePanda is a great product based on the power of windows 10, with LattePanda, what you can develop is only limited by your own imagination. So get creative, think of new ideas and also share with us 🙂
- LattePanda already has a built-in WiFi so you don’t have to worry about how to integrate WiFi module (most likely a ESP8266) with Arduino for communication. (Learn more about ESP8266 here)
Buy LattePanda at Lowest Prices and Avoid Paying Retail!!
Don’t forget to get the Aluminum Heatsink Cooling Fan for LattePanda
This heat sink and fan combo will cool the CPU for smooth performance
The fan keeps the unit running at a stable temperature
This fan is low noise and has a thermal pad on the back that can stick on the metal shield on the board
The 2-Pin jumper wire makes it easily to connect with the CN2 headers on the board
This is a simple and effective way to make the LattePanda cool
You will also need 7-inch 1024×600 IPS Display for LattePanda
The 7 inch IPS LCD Monitor with high resolution of 1024*600 pixels
IPS screen features the wide visual Angle, fast response speed and accurate color rendition
Compatible LattePanda display connector, no external power supply
Ultra-narrow frame 2mm thickness, easy to embed design
Compatible with the official touch screen
Aluminum Alloy CNC Case Enclose with CPU Super Mute Cooling Fan for Lattepanda